Balancing Your Chakras Through Diet & Intermittent Fasting3 min read
I am a fan of eating healthy or trying my best to find the best foods I possibly can. I have been like this for decades. I’m not saying I never indulge in foods that are not that great for you; However, I try to make the foundation of my food choices healthy.
I gave up beef and pork decades ago and eliminated poultry with growth hormones and antibiotics. That’s due to those two things exacerbating my fibroids. Actually, I altered my diet 100% due to the foods making me feel bad. I was never trying to make a statement or fight the power. ALL of the foods I gave up made me feel crappy.
Covid-19 forced me to change my diet, especially in the earliest stages. That’s because I had to choose between staying home which meant staying safe or venturing out to buy food that wasn’t as healthy but convenient. So I chose to stay safe, and this eliminated my indulgence in grabbing pizza and other processed foods. So, now 95% of my foods are not processed, and due to Imperfect Produce, a huge portion of my foods are organic.
So, in keeping that same heath focus energy, I started to focus on aligning my chakras. Yes, I am going full black hippie on ya’ll. Anywayzzz, in my research, I found lots of information that discussed how eating certain foods could help to balance and align your chakras.
Crown Chakra is white but the focus should be about foods that have natural detoxing qualities, clear the mind, and boost energy levels. Intermittent fasting is also a great way to help flush out toxins.
- Detoxing foods: onions, garlic, beets, artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, collard greens, kale, and Brussels sprouts.
- Sunlight & air is essential.
- Juice & teas: turmeric, ginger
- Herbs: lavender, juniper, and sage
- Intermittent fasting: If you stop eating at 6:00 PM and you don’t eat again until 6:00 AM the next morning, you’ve fasted. That is something that you can easily do regularly.
Throat Chakra is blue, so there should be a focus on the color blue. When considering foods, also consider foods that can be soothing to the throat.
- Blue foods: blueberries and blackberries
- Tree grown fruit: apples, pears, and plums
- Drinks: herbal tea, raw honey, lemon, coconut water
Third Eye Chakra is purple, so you should indulge in purple foods.
- Purple foods: eggplant, purple grapes, purple kale, blueberries, purple cabbage, purple carrots.
- Drinks: Cocao, grape juice
- Spices: sumac
Heart Chakra is green, so you should indulge in green foods.
- Green foods: broccoli, spinach, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, chard, celery, green apples, zucchini, cucumber, avocado, lime, and peas.
- Drinks: green tea, matcha, mint tea, limeade
- Nuts and seeds: pistachios, pepitas
- Spices: basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and mint
Solar Plexus Chakra is yellow, so there should be a focus on this color.
- Yellow foods: bananas, pineapple, lemons, yellow squash, wax beans, potatoes, cauliflower, corn, and yellow peppers.
- Nuts and seeds: sunflower seeds, yellow squash seeds, sesame seeds, and golden flax seeds
- Grains: Oats, rye, farro, sprouted grains, brown rice, and oats
- Spices: curry powder, turmeric
Sacral Chakra is orange, so there should be a focus place on foods with this color.
- Orange foods: oranges, orange peppers, carrots, mangos, apricots, and sweet potatoes.
- Nuts and Seeds: sesame, walnuts, flax and almonds
- Protein Omega 3 rich foods: salmon
- Liquids: water, orange juice, cinnamon tea, orange zest tea, coconut water, ginger tea
- Spices: coconut, cinnamon, ginger
Root Chakra is red, so there should be a focus placed on crimson foods.
- Red foods: red apples, tomatoes, pomegranates, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Root vegetables: beets, radish, turnips, sweet potatoes, yams, red potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga, ginger, turmeric, and garlic.
- Proteins: eggs, beans, nuts, and lean meats
- Spices: paprika, cayenne, and horseradish
So, if these foods can help align your chakras, I wonder how eating crappy foods could negatively impact your chakras?
I would love to know your thoughts on chakras, aligning and balancing them. Reach out, let’s chat on FB, IG, and Twitter. Until then, Happy Healing.
9,591 total views, 3 views todayFollow Me!